Monday, July 20, 2009

JOY IN THE TRIAL!


This was a quote sent to me from my brother Wayne today, from a motivational source he receives daily: "One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." What came out of me encouraged me, so I thought perhaps it would bring you encouragement as well:
I can say now, though difficult, this is a beautiful and peaceful time. I just know God is going to come through. GOD IS GOOD (He cannot give what He does not have)- even in the midst of trial! I don't always have to feel happy, but I can always feel His joy and presence. That's what I deeply long for. So, this time of trial is bringing me back to what it is I really long for - HIM!
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4
"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5
Enjoy The Journey - all of it!
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment