Wednesday, December 02, 2009

WHAT'S HAPPENING?

I was recently asked the question: "So, what is happening?" It would have been so easy to rattle off all the challenges I am faced with being unemployed with a family of 6 (wife and I, and four children), yet what came out of me surprised me. The heat tends to bring up all kinds of "dross", and I have seen my fair share of uglies coming to the surface in this time of intense heat. I guess that is what motivated me to share the answer that came forth this day. Following such intensity, it was refreshing to hear something good come to the surface. Perhaps you can relate:

What's happening? More refinement, more waiting... more submitted and yielded to God... More hope of what is to come. More love for my wife and children following more intense refining. More faith in God's goodness and provision despite what we see...More ministry opportunities yet no more clarity as to what is next, yet more peace that God has us in the palm of His hand and all of our steps are ordered by Him. Less understanding yet more peace, rest and trust. More comfort in knowing of God's exceeding and abundant goodness despite what my eyes can see and my mind can comprehend. Less money and direction, yet great assurance in the awesomeness of God who is our provider and the one with the plan. More peace that surpasses all understanding as I rest and trust in His goodness. Less answers yet more rest in not questioning the one who is The Answer. More peace in knowing who is God and who is not. More rest upon the chest of Him who is my comforter and source of life.
More trust that it really is all about Him, and that He alone is Lord. More acceptance that I truly do belong to Him, and I am good with that, more able to rest in His goodness.
What will happen next? I don't know. He does. And I am OK with that (at least today, which is the only day I am living in).
I am realizing more and more that God just can't help Himself - it's who He is - He is just good and I am just going to have to accept that! :-)
So, what is happening with you?

Enjoy The Journey!
Bart

No comments:

Post a Comment